In this module, the user can create notification messages which will be sent to a selected user or group of users. The history of notifications previously sent by the user is displayed in the notifications list.
Notifications can be sent to specific roles, roles within a branch, a branch regardless of role types, groups of technicians, individual users, contractors or a combination of these options. Notifications can be set to be dismissible or set to expire after a particular date.
To create a new notification:
- Click on the “Create Notification” button
- Enter a “Title” for the notification
- Select the “Priority”
- Select whether the notification is dismissable
- Optionally set an expiration date for the notification (required if notification is set not to be dismissable)
- Select the user or group of users for which the notification will be sent (a combination of users or groups may be used)
- Enter the notification text into the “Message” field
- Click on the “Send” button to send out the notification